- Set your thermostat no higher than 68 degrees when you are home and lower the temperature when you go to bed or when you are not at home. This will ensure optimal home heating and save energy.
- For every degree you lower your thermostat you save about 2 percent off your heating bill.
- Cut annual heating bills by as much as 10 percent a year by turning your thermostat back 10 to 15 percent for eight hours a day.
- Weatherize your home by caulking and weather-stripping all doors and windows. Use locks on your windows to make them tighter and draft resistant.
- Insulate or increase the amount of insulation in your attic, basement and outside walls. Also cover through-the-wall air conditioners to prevent cold air from leaking into your home.
- Reducing air leaks could cut 10 percent from an average household’s monthly energy bill. The most common places where air escapes homes are: floors, walls, ceilings, ducts, fireplaces, plumbing penetrations, doors, windows, fans, vents and electrical outlets.
- Keep shades and curtains open during the day on the south side of your home to allow solar heating. Close them at night to retain heat.
- Don’t block your radiators or heating vents with furniture or draperies. Keep your radiators, registers and baseboard heaters dirt and dust free. Close vents and doors in unused rooms.
- Have your heating system serviced once a year and regularly replace furnace filters. During the heating season, change or clean furnace filters once a month.
- Close the fireplace damper when not in use.
- Turn your water heater down to 120 degrees Fahrenheit to save money on your energy bill. If you have children in the house, this is also a safety measure
- Install water-flow restrictors in showerheads and faucets.
Posted in Awareness Ideas, energy discussions, Energy Saving Tips and tagged AwarenessIdeas.com, Electric Bill, Energy Saving Tips, Heat, Winter by awarenessartist with 1 comment.
We have something new this year- Holiday Themed Conservation Posters.
I’m working a several more in the next few days so there will be a lot to choose from.
Decorate your office, factory, or school for the holidays with a message of conservation and eco-friendly tips.
Start a new holiday tradition!
Posted in Energy Posters, Energy Saving Tips, Energy Signs, Green Schools Ideas and tagged Conservatoin, factory, Holiday Conservation Posters, Office, schools by awarenessartist with .
2 – 12 x 18 Posters
1 – 12 x 18 Calendar Poster 2011
3 – Glow-in-the-dark decal strips (4 per strip)
5 – Quality vinyl light switch decals
2 – Flashlight key chains
5 – 4″ x 3″ Notepads
1 – Write on/wipe off board 8-1/2″ x 11″
1 – Lenticular magnet
Start an energy saving program at the office today! This package has everything you
need to get started.
Watch for packages for Recycling, Water, Safety and Quality!
Posted in Energy Giveaways, Energy Posters, Themed Programs, Uncategorized and tagged Awareness Ideas, Energy Awareness Month, World Theme Package by awarenessartist with 2 comments.
Over the years we’ve created many energy conservation, recycling, water conservation and safety logos and designs. Now we’ve added a page to our website where you can see them all and create your own product in a few easy steps.
1. Choose a design
2. Select a product your design will be displayed on
3. Call us for customization– add your logo, company name or message
4. We put it all together for you
Check out the new Design Gallery
Posted in Awards Ideas and tagged Awareness Ideas, energy conservation, Safety Logos, Water Conservation by awarenessartist with .
Here are some giveaway ideas for Earth Day. The theme is carried over many products and can be added to many more. Get creative! What other type of product could this theme go on?
Posted in Earth Day, Green Schools Ideas, Uncategorized and tagged Earth Day, Green School Ideas by awarenessartist with .