Let’s all pitch in and save energy at our workplaces. Here’s some ideas:
1. In the winter, turn your thermostat down to 68 degrees or below. Reduce the setting to 55 degrees at the end of the day. (For each 1 degree you turn down the thermostat in the winter, you’ll save up to 5% on your heating costs.)
2. Turn off all unnecessary lights, especially in unused offices and conference rooms and turn down remaining lighting levels where possible.
3. Set computers, monitors, printers, copiers and other business equipment to their energy saving feature and turn them off at the end of the day.
4. Minimize energy usage during peak demand hours from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
5. Buy Energy Star appliances, products, and lights.
6. Consider placing outdoor signs on a timer so they only run until 1:00 am, saving electricity during non-peak hours.
For more energy ideas and products, please visit:
Posted in Uncategorized by admin with .